Common concerns couples seek counseling for:
- I don’t feel emotionally connected to my partner
- We argue about the same issues over and over again
- It’s difficult to communicate my needs and wants to my partner
- I feel hurt and disrespected when we argue
- We’ve lost the passion and connection we once had
- We want to heal and rebuild trust after a infidelity
During the sessions, couples are able to gain a better understanding of what is causing them to feel disconnected, misunderstood, and stuck in negative cycles in which leaves them feeling lonely, hurt, and defeated. During our work together couples are able to gain a better understanding of their relationship, heal from past emotional wounds and traumas, and feel a deeper emotional connection with one another.
My approach to couples counseling is primarily focused on Emotionally Focused Therapy which is an evidence-based approach created by Dr. Sue Johnson. I use this technique because I’ve found this approach to be most beneficial for my couples. The tools discussed and implemented in the sessions help couples reconnect and create a foundation of love, understanding, and respect.
Schedule a free 15-minute consultation to discuss the process and what to expect during our sessions.